My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.honkytonkchronicles.com and update your bookmarks.

5.19.2006

Lest you Think I'm Shallow

I like to think that deep down, I have little need for or attachment to things. But I also think my deep down is, well, an abyss. Which is just to say that my arms aren't long enough to reach the unmaterialistic part. As such, I'm spending the last part of my Friday making a mental list of all the things I'm craving these days. 1. Queen-size Serta pillowtop mattress. They have them at Sam's for around $500 2. Vespa LX150. In silver, I think. 3. New MacBook. 4. And because I'd like a nice comfy auto with AC the next time I have to evacuate, the Scion xA 5. A nice frame for the artwork my sister-in-law made for us for Christmas Wow! In just five items, I'm in the hole for over $20k! Whole chunks of my day are dedicated to these musings. And I'm well convinced that my quality of life would increase exponentially with each of these purchases. It's got something to do with age, I believe. As a responsible grown up, I'm supposed to have certain luxuries. Like, a car that isn't 15 years old. Or a bedframe. Without them, I haven't quite arrived. You know, at that place you get to when you've figured everything out. I'm picturing a SONIC, America's Drive In. With a parking lot full of Audis. Hey, at least there's french fries.

2 Comments:

Blogger TA said...

What a strange coincidence, I also want all of those things! Except I want the mattress to be firm, not pillow-top, and I would also like a new bag to carry to work, and some new shoes. Sigh.

8:34 AM  
Blogger Jackson said...

T&A, we're in the same target market!

10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home